Studios at Royal Roads & CPAC: We are so fortunate to be able to dance at Royal Roads University Rec Centre and Colwood Pacific Activity Centre! The facilities are a shared space so please respect the following in order to keep the space clean and functional for all users:
- If you arrive early for class, please wait outside, or quietly in the front entrance area. Royal Roads: Do not block the entrance way for other gym users. Only walk through the gym and enter the studio once your class is ready to start (the instructor will facilitate this with our younger dancers)
- No outside/dirty shoes once you enter the Studio
- Parents please drop-off your child for class; sorry no watching classes (except for Family Watching Days) as it is distracting for students. Parking passes are free at Royal Roads, available at the front desk. Free parking at CPAC.
- Please pick-up your child on time. It is not the responsibility of The Beat faculty or the Facility Staff to “babysit” your child
- No gum or food in the studio
- No horseplay or use of the equipment in the studio or other areas of the Facility
- If you would like to use the Gym/Weight Room at Royal Roads, please see the front desk and pay the appropriate user fees
- Consistent attendance is an important component of our classes/program
- Classes missed by students are non-refundable and cannot be made up
- The studio is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles
- Please call or email the studio if your child will be missing his or her class
- The Beat reserves the right to determine the proper class placement for all students
- The Beat reserves the right to cancel any classes due to insufficient registration (5 student minimum)
- Instructors and schedules are subject to change
- The Beat reserves the right to terminate or refuse service to any student or parent displaying disrespect towards the studio or the staff.
- Our dress code is simple and quite relaxed at The Beat: wear whatever makes you comfortable. We suggest activewear you can easily move and sweat in (leggings, shorts, sweatpants, tank tops, tshirts, bodysuits), but please no jeans, skirts or booty shorts.
- Ballet & Jazz dancers should wear fitted clothing so the instructors can easily see your alignment.
- Long hair should be tied back in a ponytail.
- Footwear: Hip Hop (runners or any shoe with a supportive sole), Jazz (socks or jazz shoes), Contemporary (bare feet or turning shoes/foot undeez), Ballet (pink or black ballet slippers are required), Tap (patent or jazz style tap shoes required).
- Where do you buy Dance shoes?? Try online first to see if you can buy used (UsedVictoria, Craigslist, Facebook, etc). Otherwise, you can search for new online, or visit either Ellswear Dance & Activewear, 3180 Harriet Road, or Toes n’ Taps Dance Shoppe, 1733 Cook Street.