- No outside/dirty shoes inside the studios
- No gum or food in the studio
- Please pick-up your child on time. It is not the responsibility of The Beat faculty or the Facility Staff to “babysit” your child
- Consistent attendance is an important component of our classes/program
- Classes missed by students are non-refundable and cannot be made up
- The studio is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles
- Please call or email the studio if your child will be missing their class
- The Beat reserves the right to determine the proper class placement for all students
- The Beat reserves the right to cancel any classes due to insufficient registration (5 student minimum)
- Instructors and schedules are subject to change
- The Beat reserves the right to terminate or refuse service to any student or parent displaying disrespect towards the studio or the staff
- Our dress code is simple and quite relaxed at The Beat: wear whatever makes you comfortable. We suggest activewear you can easily move and sweat in (leggings, shorts, sweatpants, tank tops, tshirts, bodysuits), but please no jeans, skirts or booty shorts.
- Ballet & Jazz dancers should wear fitted clothing so the instructors can easily see your alignment.
- Long hair should be tied back in a ponytail.
- Footwear: Hip Hop (runners or any shoe with a supportive sole), Jazz (socks or jazz shoes), Contemporary (bare feet or turning shoes/foot undeez), Ballet (pink or black ballet slippers are required), Tap (patent or jazz style tap shoes required).
- Where do you buy Dance shoes?? Try online first to see if you can buy used (UsedVictoria, Craigslist, Facebook, etc). Otherwise, you can search for new online, or visit either Ellswear Dance & Activewear, 3180 Harriet Road, or Toes n’ Taps Dance Shoppe, 1733 Cook Street.
- We rent TAP SHOES for $30/year. Adult sizes 5-10 available. Order your taps shoes on our GEAR page.